Advanced catalog services makes it easy for you to upload new catalog products specific to your retail trading partner's requirements.
Retailers frequently change their categories and requirements. To ensure data accuracy and compliance, be sure to select each catalog/subcategory and download the latest template spreadsheet before you upload your products to CommerceHub's Dsco platform. This will help make sure your data is compliant with your retailer's requirements while reducing any errors you might receive when the Dsco platform validates your data.
Looking to transmit catalog data via API or SFTP? See Integrating with the platform for more information on how to get validation and exception messages via API or SFTP.
Not all retailer trading partners use advanced catalog services, which is different from the catalog templates you use to provide item data to your retail partner. Advanced catalog templates on the Products page are created by the retailer and reflect the retailer’s unique requirements for each product category. The catalog/inventory templates found on the Inventory Upload File page are not specific to an active category and does not reflect any retailer rules or requirements. For more information about uploading catalog/inventory templates using the Inventory page, see Creating or Updating Inventory.
Step 1: Click the navigation menu and select Workflows > Products. The Products page is displayed with a list of your products.
Step 2: Click Add Products at the top of the page.
Step 3: In the Add Products window, click the drop-down to select a category/subcategory, and then click Blank Template to download an empty spreadsheet and add new product data.
Looking to add new products while editing existing product data? See Editing your products for more information.
Step 4: Fill out the spreadsheet with your products. Here's some additional information about the spreadsheet:
- Green attributes are required by your retailer. Be sure to scan the entire spreadsheet and make sure all required fields are filled out.
- Blue attributes are recommended by your retailer.
- Grey/White attributes are optional and can be used if you'd like to store additional information about the product. If you provide data for these fields, the data will be validated to meet CommerceHub's system requirements. For more information about field definitions and requirements, see Dsco Data Schema.
Adding images to your products? Be sure every product includes at least one image URL. Make sure that either all rows are complete in the "image_reference" columns or completely remove the "image_reference" columns from the spreadsheet. Remove all unused columns from the spreadsheet. For more image guidelines, see Working with product images for advanced catalog services.
Step 5: When you're ready to upload the spreadsheet, return to the Products page and click Add Products.
Step 6: In the Add Products window, click the drop-down to select a category/subcategory and click Continue to Upload.
Step 7: In the Add Products window, click the box and navigate to the location of the file or drag the file into the box. Click Upload.
Step 8: Your product data is reviewed to ensure it meets both CommerceHub’s minimum system requirements and your retailer’s catalog requirements.
- If your catalog was uploaded successfully, a pop-up is displayed.
- If your products do not meet minimum system requirements, an error notification is displayed. Click Download report to view errors to view and download a spreadsheet that lists all products with an error. The file will display only one error per product. You’ll need to correct the errors in your file and re-upload your file to the system. For more information, see Troubleshooting common errors for advanced catalog services.
- If your products do not meet your retailer’s catalog requirements, a notification for compliance errors and/or category errors is displayed.