Audience: Retailers and Suppliers
It can be hard for suppliers to keep track of the various Fill/Kill policies of all their retail trading partners. In order to help with that, we’ve now added pop-up messaging within the portal on all order, shipment, cancellation, and invoicing pages to remind them of their retailer’s Fill/Kill policy before they take an action on an order.
Fill/Kill policies have a positive effect on the consumer experience by making sure all orders are shipped according to a retailer’s specifications. If you are a retailer and would like more information about setting up this feature, reach out to your account manager or contact our support team.
If you are a retailer here are instructions for setting your Fill/Kill Policy:
Fill/Kill settings can be set by retailers within the General Settings page in the portal. Here are the step by step instructions for doing so:
Step 1: After logging into your Dsco account, select Settings > General Settings from the left-hand navigation bar.
Step 2: Within the General settings page, click Policies to display the Policy Settings.
Step 3: Click Edit in the top right corner.
Step 2: Click the arrow for Fill/KillPolicy and select which invoicing policy you wish to enforce from the Fill/Kill Policy drop down menu:
- None – No Policy Enforced: The Retailer does not enforce a Fill/Kill policy.
- Fill/Kill at Order Level: This means that supply partners must fulfill an entire order at one time. If they cannot fulfill the entire order, then they must cancel it.
- Fill/Kill at Order Line-Item Level: This means that supply partners must fulfill all quantities of an order line at one time. If they cannot fulfill an entire order line they must cancel it.
Click the teal Save Changes button on the bottom right-hand corner of the page when you've chosen.
The Fill/Kill policy will only appear on orders after the new setting has been saved. If the setting is changed, the orders after the new setting is saved will show the new policy. Any orders before the new setting is saved will continue to display the old Fill/Kill policy.
If you are a supplier, here is how to see your retailer’s Fill/Kill Policy notice:
Step 1: After logging into your account, select Orders > New Orders from the left-hand navigation bar. You will be re-directed to the New Orders page by default.
Step 2: Within the New Orders page, click the PO Number link of any order to open the order's summary page.
Step 3: Click on an any action button at the top of the order summary page, except the ACKNOWLEDGE button, to view your Retailer’s Fill/Kill policy notice.
Action button choices are:
- ADD TRACKING - Click here to add tracking and shipment information to the order.
- CANCEL - Click here if the order cannot be fulfilled and needs to be cancelled.
- CREATE INVOICE - Click here to create a new invoice for the order. (You can provide ship details from the Invoice Creation wizard).
We hope this new messaging will help you and your trading partners better coordinate on improving the customer experience.
As always if you have any questions, contact our support team.
We’re always glad to help!