Beginning July 2020, Dsco will now allow retailers and other paid clients to create their own pipeline validation rules. Retailers can use this feature to create custom validation scenarios independent from Dsco's own requirements. For example, Dsco has always required a SKU and quantity available for an item to be created. Now, through this feature, a retailer can add an additional requirement to have suppliers include a UPC when creating new items.
Follow these steps to create a new pipeline validation rule:
1. Click the Gear Icon in the bottom left corner and then select Account Settings.
2. Select Admin Settings.
3. Select the Inventory tab along the top of the page and then Pipeline Rules.
This same process can be followed on the Orders, Shipments, and Invoices tabs. When creating rules for those workflows, please select those tabs first.
This page is where you can set up those custom rules and start adding your own requirements to the standard Dsco schema.
To create a rule, select either the Create a Simple Pipeline Rule or the Create an Advanced Pipeline Rule button and choose an option in the drop-down. Selecting an option will move you to the next step, where you can configure your rule.
Each rule option will have different configuration settings. For example, selecting the Require one or more fields option will show you the page below. To configure this rule, you'll want to follow these steps:
1. Select the field to require.
2. Add your error message. You can use the default message or customize it with your own text.
3. Select the rule severity.
When you're done, click Create Rule.
Once you have created your new rule, you will see that rule show up under the Field Rules section of the page.
Types of Rules
The following options are available under the Create a Simple Pipeline Rule option:
- Require one or more fields.
- Add a minimum and/or maximum to a number field.
- Add a minimum and/or maximum length to a string.
- Require a field to have one set of values.
- Require a date to be in the future.
The following options are available under the Create an Advanced Pipeline Rule option:
- Require two fields to have the same value.
- Require at least one of a set of fields.
- Require exactly one of a set of fields.
- If one field is present, require another.
- Add a regular expression to a field.
The following options are available when creating pipeline rules:
Error: Selecting this severity will cause a supplier update to be rejected if the update fails the rule. For example, if you create a rule to require a UPC on item creation, failing to include a UPC will cause the item to not be created.
Warning: Selecting this severity will cause a warning to appear to the supplier, however the update will still be processed. This type of warning is useful when you're planning to enforce a new requirement, but want to give your suppliers time to adjust their updates before you start actually rejecting those updates.
Info: Selecting this severity will cause an informational notice to appear. The info severity is the least impactful on suppliers.
Please Note: Selecting different severity types will have a dramatic impact on suppliers and their updates. Please confirm the correct severity to use before enacting a new validation rule.