Audience: Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's suppliers
This page contains documents that are unique for suppliers connecting with Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's. The documents below have been customized for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's suppliers, and should be used during both the onboarding process and when receiving live orders.
For questions related to the Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's drop-ship program, please reach out to your brand's Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's merchandising representative.
Onboarding with CommerceHub
Review the PDF below to get a head start on your onboarding process.
Required Fields by Workflow
Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's require certain fields for inventory, order, and invoice updates. You will need to ensure that you are sending all the required fields for this program. The document below outlines those required fields by workflow. To view the required fields templates, see the flat-file templates specific to Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's at the bottom of this page.
Using advanced catalog services to set up your products
Advanced catalog services is designed to help you get products listed faster and give you greater visibility into the setup process. As a supplier, you are required to use advanced catalog services to add all rich item data, including images, for any items you wish to sell on the Bass Pro Shops/Cabela's website. To learn more, see Advanced Catalog Services for Suppliers.
Note: Advanced catalog services is different from the Catalog templates that are used to provide item data to your retail partner. For more information about uploading default Dsco Catalog/Inventory templates using the Inventory page, see Creating or Updating Inventory.
Live Webinar for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's - January 27, 2022 - (Recording)
The CommerceHub Product team presented a webinar on the advanced catalog services improvements that are designed to give you greater visibility and help you get items listed faster and reduce the the time it takes to set up your products.
Advanced catalog services fields and definitions
For more information about field definitions and values for specific fields, see the custom attribute legend for Bass Pro Shops catalog files below:
Here's some additional information about Catalog fields.
- sku: This field does not need to contain the Bass Pro Shops SKU if the item already exists in Bass Pro Shops’ systems.
description: This field should contain the full description of the product and any included accessories (what's in the box). Use descriptive text to accurately describe your product and its best features to help the customer make a buying decision. This description will appear on Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s websites.
- Example: Get ready for your next adventure with our Windproof Tech Jacket for Men. Sleek and high-performance, this jacket boasts a windproof barrier to deflect warmth-robbing gusts. 100% polyester fabric and a brushed-fleece lining provides a smooth, comfortable fit. The full-zip front sports a high, zip-through collar with zipper garage, hand pockets, and a chest pocket for plenty of storage. Machine wash. Imported.
- title: The title/name of the SKU. A common practice is to concatenate this data with other fields (such as manufacturer and brand) to end up with a more complete title.
- country_of_origin: This field should only contain the two-alpha-character ISO country code (example: US).
- partner_sku: Do not include a value in this field. This field should be blank.
- product_title: The title/name of the given product that describes all of the various options/variants as a group. Please note that using the product_title field will overwrite values in the description field when used.
- product_group: This field should contain the identifier (Parent SKU/Style Code) that is used for variations of the same product. Choose a unique ID for each Product Group and use that ID in the product_group field for each UPC in the grouping. Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's will rely on you to identify which UPCs belong in each product group. Examples:
Note: Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's define a product as "Listed" when the following has been met:
- The supplier is live
- The product is correctly set for Dsco drop-ship
- Web production is complete
- The web page has been published
If all of these conditions are not met, the product will be listed as "Unlisted." See Viewing your products for more information about using the Listing Status filter to view your products.
EDI Documentation & Upload Templates by Workflow
If you're going to exchange EDI documents with Dsco for Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, you will use the Dsco standard EDI specifications.
Note: In the Dsco EDI specifications, there are two versions for the 850 file: 4010 and 5010. For Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's, we recommend you use the 5010 version for 850 files. All other files (846, 856, 870, 810) will use the 4010 version.
Note: All new Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's EDI suppliers will use the Dsco standard EDI specifications mentioned above.
The following Bass Pro Shops EDI specifications document is for informational purposes only.