This page contains documents that are unique for suppliers connecting with Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's. The documents below have been customized for Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's suppliers, and should be used during both the onboarding process and when receiving live orders.
For questions related to the Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's drop-ship program, please reach out to your brand's Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's merchandising representative.
For general support, check out the supplier documentation or email our support team at email@example.com.
Onboarding with CommerceHub
Review the PDF below to get a head start on your onboarding process.
Required Fields by Workflow
Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's requires certain fields for inventory, order, and invoice updates. You will need to ensure that you are sending all the required fields for this program. The document below outlines those required fields by workflow. To view the required fields templates, see the flat-file templates specific to Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's at the bottom of this page.
Catalog Feature - Overview & Legend
For any new items that are not currently, or have not ever been, live on the Bass Pro/Cabela's website, suppliers are required to use the Dsco Catalog feature to add all of the rich item data for those new items, including item images. Documentation on using that feature can be found here. Please read the article carefully.
If you need an explanation of what any field in an upload file means, or what values to put in specific fields, see the custom attribute legend for Bass Pro Shops catalog files:
A few notes on the Catalog feature:
- The Catalogs page in Dsco is different than the main Inventory page.
- Files must be downloaded and uploaded from and to the correct category for your items.
- Please check the Exceptions page in your Dsco Portal to check for any image upload errors; otherwise, errors will surface at time of upload in the Catalogs upload tool.
A few notes on specific Catalog fields:
- sku: This field does not need to contain the Bass Pro Shops SKU if the item already exists in Bass Pro Shops’ systems.
description: This field should contain the full description of the product and any included accessories (what's in the box). Use descriptive text to accurately describe your product and its best features to help the customer make a buying decision. This description will appear on Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s websites.
- Example: Get ready for your next adventure with our Windproof Tech Jacket for Men. Sleek and high-performance, this jacket boasts a windproof barrier to deflect warmth-robbing gusts. 100% polyester fabric and a brushed-fleece lining provides a smooth, comfortable fit. The full-zip front sports a high, zip-through collar with zipper garage, hand pockets, and a chest pocket for plenty of storage. Machine wash. Imported.
- title: The title/name of the SKU. A common practice is to concatenate this data with other fields (such as manufacturer and brand) to end up with a more complete title.
- country_of_origin: This field should only contain the two-alpha-character ISO country code (example: US).
- product_title: The title/name of the given product that describes all of the various options/variants as a group. Please note that using the product_title field will overwrite values in the description field when used.
- product_group: This field should contain the identifier (Parent SKU/Style Code) that is used for variations of the same product. Choose a unique ID for each Product Group and use that ID in the product_group field for each UPC in the grouping. Bass Pro Shops and Cabela's will rely on you to identify which UPCs belong in each product group. Examples:
EDI Documentation & Upload Templates by Workflow
If you're going to exchange EDI documents with Dsco for Bass Pro Shops & Cabela's, you will be using the Bass Pro Shops standard EDI specifications.
The EDI specification is attached below. Please check back occasionally as updates are published.