Automatic Invoicing will immediately generate an invoice the moment an order is updated as shipped, either through a batch process, API call, or manually in the Dsco portal.
When used correctly, Automatic Invoicing is a powerful tool that saves you time and resources as you fulfill orders in Dsco. Simply ship your orders and Dsco will handle the invoicing.
IMPORTANT! Activating Automatic Invoicing authorizes Dsco to create invoices on your behalf. Please carefully read and set your term policies before activating.
Is Automatic Invoicing a good fit for my business?
Dsco's Automatic Invoicing feature is best suited for businesses that...
- Manually update shipments within the Dsco portal.
- Have automated processes in place, but want to save on invoice transmission costs (i.e. EDI 810, invoice files, etc).
- Are okay with Dsco generating invoice IDs on their behalf.
- Apply the same terms and/or handling charges on all invoices.
Automatic Invoicing is NOT suited for businesses that...
- Include both shipment and invoices on their automated file updates.
- Must have their own invoice IDs.
- Use different terms and/or handling charges on each invoice.
How to Use Automatic Invoicing
To enable Automatic Invoicing, click the Navigation icon and select SETTINGS and then AUTOMATIC INVOICING.
You should then follow the instructions to set up the Automatic Invoicing configuration. You will be asked to configure the following:
This will set the type of invoice ID you would like Dsco to generate for you; including using the PO number, consumer number, or a random generated invoice ID.
Notice that Dsco has logic for cases of multiple invoices. For example, when an order is partially shipped on one day then fully shipped on the next, two invoices would be created (one for each instance of a shipment update).
Warning: Some retailers have an Invoice ID character limit which may effect what option is best for you. Dsco may provide a recommendation that is best for you, but if you are unsure please reach out to our support team before configuring.
You have the option to set invoice terms to apply to each of the invoices created. Note that these terms will apply to all invoices generated by Automatic Invoicing.
If you are unsure what your invoice terms are, please reach out to your trading partner to clarify.
If needed, you can apply a handling charge for your invoices for either a per line-item basis or entire invoice.
INVOICE TOTAL AMOUNT LOGIC
Dsco will determine the invoice total amount based on the following logic:
- Use the order’s Expected Cost provided by the retailer to calculate the invoice total amount.
- If Expected Cost is not provided on the order, use the Supplier Cost provided on the supplier's Dsco inventory to calculate the invoice total amount.
- If neither an Expected Cost or a Supplier Cost is present, the invoice will error and not be created for the order.