It can be hard for suppliers to keep track of the various Fill/Kill policies of all their retail trading partners. In order to help with that, we’ve now added pop-up messaging within the portal on all order, shipment, cancellation, and invoicing pages to remind them of their retailer’s Fill/Kill policy before they take an action on an order.
Fill/Kill policies have a positive effect on the consumer experience by making sure all orders are shipped according to a retailer’s specifications. If you are a retailer and would like more information about setting up this feature, reach out to your account manager or contact our support team.
If you are a retailer here are instructions for setting your Fill/Kill Policy:
Fill/Kill settings can be set by retailers within the “Settings” tab in the portal. Here are the step by step instructions for doing so:
- Log in to app.dsco.io
- Hover over your company name in the upper right of the page.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Within the “General Account Page” settings page hover over the Fill/Kill Policy drop down menu under the “Order Settings” section towards the bottom of the page.
- Select the policy you want to enforce from the Fill/Kill Policy drop down menu.
- There are three policy selections:
- None – No Policy Enforced: The Retailer does not enforce a Fill/Kill policy.
- Fill/Kill at Order Level: This means that supply partners must fulfill an entire order at one time. If they cannot fulfill the entire order, then they must cancel it.
- Fill/Kill at Order Line-Item Level: This means that supply partners must fulfill all quantities of an order line at one time. If they cannot fulfill an entire order line they must cancel it.
- Click the green Save Changes button on the bottom right corner of the page.
The Fill/Kill policy will only appear on orders after the new setting has been saved. If the setting is changed, the orders after the new setting is saved will show the new policy. Any orders before the new setting is saved will continue to display the old Fill/Kill policy.
If you are a supplier here is where you will see your retailer’s Fill/Kill Policy:
- Log in to app.dsco.io
- Select “Orders” from the main navigation bar at the top.
- Whenever orders are placed, you will see your retailer’s Fill/Kill policy listed on each action page
- Within the “New Orders” page:
- Click on the PO Number to open the order you wish to view
- Click on an any action button–such as “Add Tracking”, “Cancel”, “Change Status”, or “Create Invoice”–to view your Retailer’s Fill/Kill policy
We hope this new messaging will help you and your trading partners better coordinate on improving the customer experience.
As always if you have any questions, contact our support team.
We’re always glad to help!