Dsco account administrators can manage each user account associated with their company, including creating new user accounts, deactivating users, updating individual user settings, and editing permissions.
Instead of reading this documentation article, if you'd prefer to see a walkthrough of this feature directly in the Dsco portal then click this link: Adding Users
To manage your Dsco portal users, hover your mouse over the gear icon at the top-right corner and select SETTINGS.
Next, select USERS from the list of pages at the top.
Create a New User
To add a new user, select the red Add User on the top left side of the page.
Enter the required information, including the Username, Password, First and Last Name, Email, and Role. Select Save Changes.
New February 2019: Select a role for the user. You can choose between 3 default roles: admin, normal, and ready-only. Head here for more information on those new roles.
Deactivate a User
Users can be deactivated by selecting the "X" icon on the right side of the page.
Use the filters on the left side of the screen under Status to toggle between viewing all users, just the Active users, or just the Inactive users.
Update a User
Select an individual user to manage the user information.
- Update the user's Username, Name, Email, and Display Timezone.
- Select the red Request Password Change button to have a reset password email sent to that individual's email inbox.
- Adjust the status of the account using the Status drop-down.
- Change the user's role using the Role drop-down. You can also view the permissions granted via that role under the Visibility section.
Dsco includes a comprehensive list of permissions and user roles to allow trading partners to manage the roles for each user account. There are three roles available: admin, normal, and read-only.
- Admin and normal users have permissions throughout the system, listed below.
- Read-only users can only view information in Dsco. No specific permissions are given to users with read-only access.
|Permission Name||Explanation||Associated Roles|
||Adjust notification email settings
||Create or edit automated jobs on the AUTOMATION tab. This permission also includes the ability to run existing automated jobs||Admin, Normal
||Create or edit inventory items
||Create or edit invoices||Admin, Normal
|Create/Modify Users||Create or update users||Admin|
||Request shipment deletions
||Add or remove proxy connections
|Invite/Manage Trading Partners
Edit orders and add shipments
Manage Account Settings
|Edit account settings||Admin|
|Modify Orders, Add Shipments
||Edit orders and add shipments