The Dsco Data Mapper tool is a great option for suppliers who have their own CSV or TAB delimited files that they work with. The Dsco Data Mapper tool walks you through the process of mapping your data to the Dsco specifications so that you don’t have to build a custom file on your end. Once the mapping has been completed, you can upload your file through the Dsco portal or you can configure an automated job to use the mapping.
Creating a Data Map
Follow the instructions below to set up a data map using the Dsco Data Mapper tool (the example below uses an inventory example, but it is the same process for all objects):
Step 1: Select the AUTOMATION tab at the top of the page after logging in.
Step 2: Select the DATA MAPPER link.
Step 3: Select Create Map.
Step 4: On step 1 of the Create Map wizard:
- Enter a name for this mapping in the Map Name box.
- Select the appropriate Process using the drop-down options. For this example, we will use Product - In.
- Click the Browse... button to find and select the file you wish to use with the map.
- If your header row is found on anything other then the first row, set the appropriate header row in that box.
- Click Next Step to go to the next step.
Step 5: Make sure the system has detected your file properly by ensuring that the data looks correct within the Data Preview section. If everything looks good, click the Next Step button.
If anything looks incorrect, you can change the various options. Move your mouse over the question marks next to each option to find out more about what each option does and how they work.
Step 6: Click into the drop-down for each field to map the column within your file to the appropriate Dsco field.
If your column name matches the Dsco column name then we will automatically map that for you.
Step 7: Step 4 is a confirmation that you have mapped your data correctly. You will see how the Dsco column headers are mapped to your data. If everything looks good, click Finish to save the mapping.
Creating a Job to Use your Map
Now that your data map has been set up, you can now create an automated job that will use the data map you just created:
Step 1: Select JOBS at the top of the page.
Step 2: Select the Create Job button at the top.
Step 3: On page 1 of the job wizard:
- Enter an appropriate Job Title.
- Select the appropriate Process from the list. This must match the type of process you used when setting up the data map. For example, if the data map was a Product - Import you must choose the same on this page in order to use that data map.
- From the Standard drop-down, select Custom Map.
- Select the appropriate data map from the Map Name drop-down menu.
- Click Next Step.
Step 4: Set the Import Source and other options:
- Select the Source Type from the drop-down. If using your Dsco-hosted FTP site, the username, password, and location will be automatically populated
- Use the Force Update option to have the job always update all of your inventory.
- Use the Discontinue Missing Skus option to have Dsco discontinue SKUs if they don't appear in your import file anymore.
- Make sure to add an email address at which you'd like to receive job notification failures.
When you're ready, select Next Step.
Step 5: Set the job schedule:
If you wish to run the job manually, meaning that the system will not run the job automatically, choose Manually and click the Save Job button.
If you wish to have the system run the job on a schedule, change the Run this Job drop-down to the appropriate option. You can choose between Hourly, Daily or Weekly. If you choose Daily or Weekly, then you will also see other options allowing you to specify the time of day to run the job. Once you have set the schedule according to your needs, select Save Job.
Your new job will be displayed within the JOBS page. From here, you can run the job or come back at any time to view it's history.