Only two pieces of information are required for an inventory item to be created on CommerceHub's Dsco platform: SKU and the quantity available. However, CommerceHub supports many additional inventory descriptors, such as title, cost, and estimated availability date. See Dsco Data Schema for more information on each of those supported fields.
Just as with orders and invoices, inventory can be viewed directly through the Dsco portal. Once a supplier has added their inventory to their Dsco account, or updated existing items, the Dsco platform will populate that data into your account instantaneously.
Note: Suppliers are able to control what inventory is available to their retailer trading partners. Retailers and suppliers may need to discuss which items should be visible to both parties via the Dsco portal, as well as which descriptive attributes should be included in each item's entry.
Step 1: Click the navigation menu and select Workflows > Inventory.
Step 2: The Inventory page is displayed with a list of your SKUs. From here, you can:
- Search for a specific SKU or list of SKUs. Use the Search bar at the top and enter text contained in any of the following fields:
- Item Identifiers: item_id, sku, ean, upc, mpn
- Product Information: product_id, product_title, product_group, product_description, categories
- Filter the list of SKUs. Use the filter options on the left to adjust the list the SKUs based on status, assortment, etc.
- Customize which columns are displayed. Click the three-dot menu and select from the available options. You may also rearrange how the columns are displayed by dragging and dropping the options into the desired order.
- View details about a specific SKU.
- Download a list of SKUs. Select the desired SKUs or click the SKU checkbox at the top of the list to select all SKUs, and then click Download All Results to export the list to the desired file type.